Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm Back


Things have been crazy in the life of Packman. Since my last post:
  • We unexpectedly moved (is that possible?) out of Brooklyn to a beach town on the south shore of Long Island.
  • We had an au pair from Finland move in with us.
  • The au pair's father got very sick and she decided to go back to Finland to be with him. (Just for the record, I fully supported her decision and feel it was the right thing to do.)
  • I got a new job.
  • My mother in law moved in with us to help with childcare.
  • I got a promotion at my new job. (I'm just that good.)

Things should settle down soon, as a new au pair is arriving from Brazil in a week and a half (is my wife great, or what? We have a 21-year old girl from Brazil moving in with us!). I hope then to pick up with some more regular posting about adventures in and around New York, perhaps with more of an emphasis on the around part, now that we no longer live in "The City."

As a preview there's:


Apple Picking

Costumes

Rocket Ships



Seashell Gathering

Cute Kids Getting Messy

So please stay tuned. The blog is not dead. Packman has just been very busy!

2 comments:

  1. Pics of the Brazilan or it didn't happen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, well, the State Department just denied the Brazilian her visa, so it's not going to happen.

    We're having a hell of a time figuring out this childcare thing when both my wife and I work full time.

    ReplyDelete